Family Parties, Corporate team building events and More
Celebrate your next special event with a movable feast in Little Italy
Bring your friends and family or colleagues together for a private tour of Little Italy! We've celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, retirements and company holiday parties on Arthur Avenue. Our private tours are 2 hours long and include visits and tastings at a dozen of Little Italy's best food shops. You may also choose to book a special lunch or dinner following your tour. Private tours are perfect for:
- Multigenerational parties: We've celebrated dozens of birthdays for people celebrating 65, 70th and 80th birthdays. The casual, friendly atmosphere offers something for grandparents, parents, extended friends and family and children. If you have little ones that aren't likely to sit through a long restaurant meal, our roving lunch at Little Italy's best spots is ideal.
- Corporate parties: We've celebrated many company holiday parties and summer outings with local businesses. Often we lead tours for sales teams within larger companies that want to reward employees for a job well done.
- Reunions: Getting a large group of college friends together? You can pick a date and we can bill each one individually so you don't have to get stuck being the organizer!
Birthday Party Package
(Minimum 6 adults or $474.)
Our birthday party package includes a full tour 2.5 tour of Little Italy in the Bronx with tastings as well as:
- A surprise birthday cake with candles at Egidio Pastry Shop
- A birthday gift of our Arthur Avenue tote bag with a wrapped box of chocolates inside
- A unique link for individual payments so that the group organizer does not need to collect everyone's money
Social clubs, school groups, membership groups
Would you like to book a food tour for your school, alumni group, senior citizens group, arts club or association? Send an email to email@example.com to discuss customized tours and pricing for groups larger than 12 people.
Option 1: Private Shopping & Tasting Tour
$79 per adult, $45 per child under 12, minimum 4 guests
Enjoy a 2.5 hour shopping tour (see description below) with an Italian food expert that includes tastings equal to a medium sized lunch.
Option 2: Private Food Tour + Lunch at Mario's
$105 per person, $65 per child under 12
Enjoy a 2 hour shopping tour (see description below) with tastings followed by a sit-down lunch at Mario's, the legendary restaurant which has been in business since 1919.
Shopping & Tasting Tour Description
- Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily.
- Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste authentic Sicilian cannoli at Caffé & Gelato.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive chicola bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork.
- Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love.
- Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century.
- Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price.
- Joe's Italian Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy.
Lunch at Mario's includes a special antipasto platter plus Mario's famous pizza and soft drinks.
"My family has been wanting to visit Arthur Avenue for years and when we heard about this tour we jumped on it for many reasons. The main one being it was family oriented. A lot of tours shy away from allowing children to come along so I was a little apprehensive at first but Danielle was so accommodating and welcoming we knew we would have a great time. Another reason we chose the tour was my dad is a 70+ young man ;) who doesn’t like to admit his limitations. We knew going with Danielle we would be able to set our own pace and she would take us to all the must see spots without having to do any unnecessary walking. This tour went beyond my expectations... we ate so much food it was amazing!!! Being a big history buff family we loved hearing about the neighborhoods deep roots and talking to store owners. In true Italian fashion... everywhere we went we were treated like family. I think one of the highlights for the whole family was buying fresh pasta and having it cut right in front of us. The kids loved it and the owner played music for them and we all had a really fun sing along. My two little picky eaters tried something new everywhere we went and I was able to shop for authentic Italian foods, cutleries and baked products. We ate for a full week on just our amazing finds on this tour. I can go on forever, but I will leave it here :) You won’t be disappointed!"
Jennifer Fegan, New Jersey