Celebrate your next special event with a movable feast in Little Italy
Bring your friends and family or colleagues together for a private tour of Little Italy! We've celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, retirements and company holiday parties on Arthur Avenue. Private tours are great for families which include a range of ages and tastes. We also create corporate team building parties for small businesses or departments.
Would you like to book our special Holiday Shopping Tour as a private tour for your friends and family? Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we'll set a date!
Social clubs, school groups, membership groups
Would you like to book a food tour for your school, alumni group, senior citizens group, arts club or association? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss customized tours and pricing for groups larger than 12 people.
Option 1: Private Shopping & Tasting Tour
$79 per person, minimum 4 guests (or $316)
Enjoy a 2.5 hour shopping tour (see description below) with an Italian food expert that includes tastings equal to a medium sized lunch.
Option 2: Private Food Tour + Lunch at Mario's
$105 per person, minimum 5 (or $525)
Enjoy a 2 hour shopping tour (see description below) with tastings followed by a sit-down lunch at Mario's, the legendary restaurant which has been in business since 1919. Lunch includes a special antipasto platter plus Mario's famous pizza, soft drinks and coffee.
Shopping & Tasting Tour Description
- Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily.
- Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste authentic Sicilian cannoli at Caffé & Gelato.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive chicola bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork.
- Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love.
- Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century.
- Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price.
- Joe's Italian Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy.
Option 2: Holiday Shopping Tour
$79 per person, minimum 4 adults. Children under 14 are $40
Little Italy is full of delicious things that are only sold from Thanksgiving to the beginning of the year. On this tour you'll discover:
- Holiday pastries including cuccidati (fig cookies), chocolate and hazelnut torrone and honey coated struffoli
- A gift shop full of items from Italy to wrap and put under the Christmas Tree
- Where to buy the very best pannetone from Italy because not all panettone are created equal
- The fish shop where Italians have shopped for Feast of the Seven Fishes since 1918
- The butcher shop that makes the best sausage for New Years Eve "cotechino and lentils", a dish that signifies prosperity for the New Year
Over 2.5 hours we'll explore nearly a dozen food shops on Arthur Avenue and 187th Street. The tour ($79) includes
- Tastings of cheese, salumi and special holiday pastries
- Finally we'll sit down together for sfincione, a type of pizza that Sicilians eat on Christmas Eve
Pair your visit with a trip to see the Holiday Train Show and we'll give you a discount code for 20% off admission to New York Botanical Garden!