Arthur Avenue Shopping & Tasting Tour
$79 per adult, $45 children 12 and under
Over 2.5 hours we'll'll visit a dozen Italian food shops across Arthur Avenue and 187th Street, the heart of Little Italy in the Bronx. Our daily tour, offered Tuesday-Saturday has a maximum of 12 guests per tour. Our tours are always led by an Italian food expert.
The tour, always led by an Italian food and wine expert weaves together history, cooking advice and tastings of bread, cheese, pastry and pizza. Samples are equivalent to a medium-sized lunch and include:
- 10 imported Italian cheeses
- 2 different specialty breads
- House cured sausage
- Rainbow cookies
- Freshly made mozzarella
Please note that tastings may be adjusted to reflect the best of Little Italy on the date of your tour. In December, you may also have chocolate and hazelnut torrone. In March, a zeppole for the Feast of Saint Joseph. In the summer months you'll have oysters at the sidewalk raw bar in front of Cosenza's Fish Market. We always highlight what is seasonal and special.
Select an available date
Questions? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ.
Want more detail about our tours? Here's what we'll see and taste:
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City.
- Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily.
- Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive "chicola" bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork.
- Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love.
- Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century.
- Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price.
- Joe's Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy.