Get $10 off your Arthur Avenue Shopping & Tasting Tour in August
Use code BXBEST at checkout.
I jumped on one of Danielle and Christian's early tours of Arthur Avenue which has long been one of my favorite NYC standards. I thought I knew it all... but they taught me a thing or three. The friends we brought with us had a great time and have since been back to shop and eat their way along the avenue. It is NOT TO BE MISSED there are so few real NY neighborhoods left. Enjoy and eat anything they offer up. Donna Cravotta, New York
When: Thursdays-Saturdays 11am-1:30pm
Where: Meet in front of 2344 Arthur Avenue, Arthur Avenue Retail Market.
Duration: 2 hour walking tour
How many guests: 12 max
Food: Tastings of pastry, bread, cheese and salume, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch.
Tour description: Over 2 hours we'll explore nearly a dozen food shops including butchers, bread bakers, pastry shops and a fresh pasta shop. You'll learn about food and history by interacting with the shop keepers themselves rather than hearing a tour guide work from a memorized script.
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City.
- Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily.
- Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste authentic Sicilian cannoli at Caffé & Gelato.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive chicola bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork.
- Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love.
- Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century.
- Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price.
- Joe's Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy.
Throughout the tour we'll sample bread, pastry, cheese and salume, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch. Shops make certain specialties on certain days or for particular holidays. Samples will be adjusted to reflect the best of Little Italy on the date of your tour.
$79 per person, includes 2.5 hour walking tour plus samples of pastry, bread, cheese and salume, equivalent to a medium sized lunch
Absolutely the highlight of our trips to NYC! Danielle and Christian are both wonderful guides. The food is delicious, and the history and culture lessons complete the tour! Ashley Belcher Ferry, Tuscaloosa
Want to see our Arthur Avenue Food Tour in action?
Watch Danielle Oteri lead an Arthur Avenue Food Tour for CNN Travel
Had the time of my life on this amazing tour. Loved everything about it - the food, the people, the history, the neighborhood, the guide. Bring a shopping bag because you'll wanna buy and take home so much of that delicious Italian food. Joe Kazemi, New York