Arthur Avenue Food Tours are available 5-days a week, Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-1:30pm.
Our 2.5 hour walking food tour includes history, conversations with butchers, bakers and cheesemakers and tastings of some of the most delicious Italian food in Little Italy in the Bronx. $79.00
Prefer a private tour instead? Click here to see our menu of private food tours.
Arthur Avenue Tasting Tour Description
The Belmont section of the Bronx, also known as Little Italy or simply “Arthur Avenue”, is one of New York's last enclaves of truly, family-run food shops. On this European style food tour we visit nearly a dozen Italian food shops, most of which have been in business for over 100 years.
- The tour begins in front of the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market where we explore the many stalls inside and make a special stop to see what foods have just arrived from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Next we’ll head next store to Calabria Pork Store where the entire ceiling is covered with their homemade sausages.
- Diego at Calandra’s Cheese Shop will give us samples of his housemade ricotta.
- Then we’ll stop by Madonia Bakery for a taste of their singular white chocolate bread.
- We’ll say hi to Carmela at Egidio Pastry Shop and watch fresh pasta being made at Borgatti Ravioli
- Visit Joe’s Deli for a sample of their hand-pulled mozzarella.
- Finally, we’ll look in the windows of Vincent’s Meat Market and Biancardi’s, find out why NYC chefs get their Italian food supplies at Teitel Brothers and wrap up with one last taste at Addeo Bakers.
Your hosts for little italy in the Bronx
Arthur Avenue Food Tours are led by Danielle Oteri and Christian Galliani, founders of Feast On History™. Danielle is a food and travel writer whose family owned what is now Vincent's Meat Market for decades. Christian is an award winning sommelier and Italian wine expert. Our daily tasting tours (Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-1:30pm) are often led by Danielle or Christian but may also be led by guides from our partner, Urban Adventures.
If you want to be sure your tour is led by Danielle or Christian, please book a private tour or join one of our Shopping Tours.